Wednesday, October 15, 2008

rainy days

Who knew rainy days could be so much fun? And drying off too?  It makes me wonder why we buy "real" toys.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I may have to swear off on real toys, too. The child who spent the last 24 hours dashing for the stairs every time I sat her down with toys at Grandma's house has just spent the last 25 minutes playing with the buckle on her booster seat. Standing less than 5 seconds' crawl from the stairs with no interest at all in exploring them instead.

Kelli said...

Love the shoes!

Cathy said...

We buy 'real' toys for parents - it's a throwback to their childhood and the things they wish they had had to play with - or think they wish they had. (so much for my psych analyzing) What a good mom - you would never have found me letting my kids play in the rain gutter! What a guy! Love, G-ma.

Kelli said...

Hmm...somehow I remember laying in the gutters in the street in the warm rain/sprinkler water.

Elieson Family said...

I end up keeping all our broken pots and such b/c the kids LOVE them. And boxes after Christmas? Half the gift right there baby.
You know in Trinidad (and other parts of the world of course) there are so many superstitions about getting wet and being sick or dying. It used to bother me - when it's raining, I tell the kids "Hurry, get your wellies on, let's go play in the rain!" Now if I could find a game associated with mopping up the mess afterward.. that'd be the real winner!

Carolyn said...

whatt??? Cathy didn't let her kids play in rain gutters? I have a specific photo of 3 little crittendens and 1 little nuttall standing in the corner of my house with the rain running off the roof by buckets!!!
Very cute photos by the way....!

Maret said...

Am I the only one wondering how the cutting board got in the laundry basket? And I love that he has one sock on. Priceless!

Auntie Lolo said...

I wondered about the cutting board too...And I really hope his CRAB CAKE shirt survived him playing in the rain!! You know it's my favorite!!