Our road trip checklist:
1. Hours and hours of Elmo to keep my toddler happy and occupied? Check!
2. Strike another state off of my list? Check!
3. Oodles and oodles of fun with cousins? Check, check and triple check!


4. A trip to the zoo? Check!
5. Eating at a few of my favorite Chicago eats? Yummy check!
6. A little shopping? Check! I got this new lamp for my dining room and another one for my family room. The fun thing about road trips is that you have plenty of room in the car to accommodate any shopping you might do.
7. Crafting? Check! We spent nap times and nighttimes in Kelli's fabulous craft area (I wish I'd taken a picture) working away. I made this table runner for my dining room (I need to finish the binding), some of these fun bibs for Abby, and a cute apron that's not yet finished but I'll post it when it is.
Thanks Kelli, Jeff, Jackson, Delaney and Addie for hosting us! And thanks Carolyn and Alli for letting us tag along on your adventure and for putting up with my two kids on a long road trip. We had so much fun. Let's make it a tradition!
12 comments:
You are so good...all I did today was wash, and clean! Your photos make it look like we had so much fun! I need some copies, I didn't even bring my camera!
I miss my little squishy-cheek babies already!
Yes, I agree - I am very lacking in the picture department as well. It was fun to have everyone. My kids are going through attention withdrawl.
The lamp looks super great! Of course, minutes after you left I realized I'd never given you the "R". We seriously scored with the lamps that day. I love mine, too!
Fun to see a pic of your house. More please!!
Miss you all. Glad you made it home safe and sound.
And, "Spring Break in Chicago" is kind of an oxymoron, so thanks for bringing all of that warm Texas air with you!
So Fun!!! so glad it went so smoothely! and great pics! that first pic of Marc is priceless
You're killing me with that Portillo's sign. Their hotdogs are excellent. Mmmmmm. I miss them so much.
Looks like a fun trip!
I'm so jealous you got to eat at Portillos! I have been craving it so bad lately. Looks like a fun trip!
Love all the pictures of the cousins. Marc relaxing in the car is cracking me up. And I love your new lamp and table runner!!
How fun! I'm jealous! Especially of the Portillo's visit!
How fun to see all of my little ones! Everything looked wonderful and it sounds like much (crafting, eating, etc.) was accomplished.
We LOVE Portillo's! Yum! That lamp is cuter than cute and so are those munchkins! We need to hang!
i love that table runner. very cute fabrics. I'm very impressed. I love that top picture of Marc. He looks totally comfortable just cruising along!! Very cute.
I can't believe how much you got done while you were in Chicago! That is soooo fun!!And I love your table runner! It is very pretty!! Is it for your dining room? or kitchen table?
Post a Comment