We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather today and headed to the Dallas Zoo with my friend
Angela, her twins, her two sisters and each of their two kids. Did you get that? 4 adults, 8 kids all three and under.

First up was the penguin tank. Most of the animals aren't out this time of year but we definitely got to see a few monkeys, gorillas and lots and lots of birds.

I let Marc walk most of the time but the few times he did ride in the stroller he made sure to hold his sister's hand so she didn't get lonely.

Speaking of strollers...most of the time he rejected any stroller riding unless of course Ang was willing to push him on top of her stroller. Then he could be heard yelling "Go! Go! Go!" until she was running at full speed pushing her stroller and all three kiddos.

And when you find a stream running through the play area why wouldn't you hop on in to cool off? After all isn't that what the animals are doing?
Now we can't wait for next week when we head to the Ft. Worth zoo. And this time I'll be smart enough to pack an extra set of clothes just in case. PS Am I the only one with a child who literally cannot restrain himself from getting into a body of water? I hear all these stories about people taking their kids to feed the ducks. Not us, we avoid the ducks because if we go to the parks with ducks we don't feed them, we swim with them. Please tell me this is just a phase.
8 comments:
I just want Marc's backback.
I meant backpack.
we loved having you come with us! we were talking about it after you left and were so glad that you let marc play in the water...because if you hadn't none of us would have let our children get in! they loved it, and we love the pictures we got. thanks again for coming and putting up with 3 sisters and their crazy children!
we hit the dallas zoo this summer. we enjoyed it. i hear the ft. worth one is better. and don't worry about the water. Tyson cant control himself either. We walked out of there with a wet boy as well. must be a boy thing!!
I am so glad you had a great time!! Did he see "Ducks" :)
I am so not surprised that Marc ended up in the water! I had so much fun watching him get soaked in the Woodlands! I would have thought you learned your lesson after that to bring extra clothes and swim diapers where ever you go! :-)
Hey Missy - I hear you are sick. Just got back from DC. I LOVE how often you blog and post pictures about your little ones - it's like being there! Marc must take after his Uncle Spence - if there was water around, he was in it with both feet, both hands and whole body!
What a funny little guy. Certainly has his own opinions about things, huh? Cute pics. I love hanging out at the zoo.
Did he love the animals? When Jackson was Marc's age, we'd go to the zoo and he would throw a fit, each time we left an animal, not realizing there would be another one in the cage over.
Yes, I agree with Brenya. It looks like you will have to start packing another outfit this summer. Seems like this might be a trend starting...
Post a Comment