That's all I have to say about last weekend. Okay, maybe a bit more. It was the big 3-0 for me and there was no better place to spend the big day (or weekend) than in Austin, Texas with Marcus and my family...kid-free!
This was the view of the hill country out of our room...
We ate (a lot)...
We did a little of this...
We played a little mini-golf (I lost)...
We ate again...
And we spent a lot of time at the spa and sleeping in. I was in relaxation heaven until Monday morning when I saw that this was on the itinerary:
Yes, that is my mom, Miss Cathy. And if you know me at all you will not believe that I went shooting at the gun range. I was peer-pressured into it - even my mom was excited to go!! How could I not?
It was such a wonderful weekend! Thank you mom & dad, kelli & jeff, spence & rach, and marcus my love for making this a wonderful and relaxing birthday. I love you all!
14 comments:
How fun! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time. I was wondering how your trip went without the kids :) Happy Birthday!
And I didn't even call! Happy Birthday sweet girl - It sounds like it was wonderful!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a fun and exciting weekend...kid-less! I am so glad that your family was able to come and spend that time with you! Oh, and the picture of your mom shooting? Priceless.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The BIG 3-0!! I bet that was nice to be without kids for the weekend! How nice!! It's always fun to get away with family and be able to FULLY relax not having to chase children around!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! What a treat for your birthday. Call me when you have a free minute, I'd love to chat!
Holy crap....Cathy has a gun....clear the room! :)
I'm so glad you had such a fun time!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad to hear you had a relaxing fun weekend. I wished mine had never ended, but of course it always does. Boo.
That sounds like SO much fun!! Happy Birthday!
What a fun birthday get-away for you and your whole family!
I could not believe that was your mom at a shooting range! Obviously there is a side to Cathy that I never knew! :)
Happy 30th. You're gonna love your 30s. Such fun years.
I love the picture of your mom at the shooting range. Cracks me up. I am soooooo happy that you got to get away and have fun with your family for your birthday!!
It was such a fun birthday for all of us! Thanks for sharing your birthday week with us. We love you and are so glad we got to spend time with you. Can't wait for you to get your buns over here to the HEAT! When you come it should be a balmy 110 every day! Wohoo!! Maybe we'll skip the zoo and shoot for an indoor bounce house.
Happy Birthday! I thought about you that weekend and am glad you had such a great time with your family and no kids. :) Marcus is such a sneak. I figured it'd be hard to meet up when he secretly told David what he was planning. But, glad it was a blast!
Hmmm, what I would have paid big just to see Tess and Miss Cathy at the gun range. Priceless! Happy birthday!!! We love you and are so glad you had a good birthday. We can't wait to see you and your little darlings in July! (we're looking forward to that balmy 110 every day! It beats having to wear my wool coat and scarf to work today -- on June 1st!)
Happy Birthday! What a great weekend. I'm still laughing about the picture of your mom shooting!
Post a Comment