Oh, and PS he can't have peanuts.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
a plea to all you experienced moms...
What do I feed a toddler who doesn't like meat? At this point Marc is living on yogurt, string cheese, milk, mac & cheese, frozen cheese ravioli, Life cereal, graham crackers and craisins. He'll also eat any fruit & veggies I put in front of him. The problem is he won't eat the same thing two days in a row and I am running out of ideas for meals. Any advice???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Those sound like a lot of our staples as well. We also eat a lot of black beans here.
Ah, the world of selective eating!
Have you tried bean burritos cut up in tiny bites? PT eats them with just refried beans and cheese, never any onions or other sauce. Grilled cheese is another option.
And hot cakes at McDonald's are always a hit, too.
nat is selective in her meat... but we have found she likes it kinda spicy or at least lots of flavour, so we get frozen sausages(like breakfast ones), and then if it has lots of flavor she will eat it. She likes pizza and we can sneak int he meat there. we also let her have ketchup and that seems to help her eat things like chicken nuggets or hot dogs, although nasty i know!! as for getting more protien when meat is a no go - cottage cheese she loves, and also baked beans. sounds crazy for a kid to like cottage cheese but it is a HUGE HIT!! it is like her go to meal.
Haha!! I hear you about having a picky eater. Spencer is HORRIBLE! He'll eat all of the things you mentioned (plus ham) but he won't touch any other meat and NOTHING that is brown. It's ridiculous! The pediatrician said it's normal and to make him eat spinach soup...ie: spinach that is DROWNED in ranch dressing (or whatever type of dressing he'll eat) Honestly, we haven't tried it yet, but if this continues we might just have to! Spencer will also eat cottage cheese with italian dressing on it (sounds gross, but it's actually very good) Good luck and I'll keep reading your blog to see what OTHER's have suggested!
Yeah, we're right there with you. He loves those little toddler Lunchables though but that's the only meat he'll eat. Josiah won't eat any veggies either. Have you tried like quesadillas? Josiah loves those. He also loves beans.
Oh my - you guys are awesome! Thanks for the great suggestions. I am running to the store tonight to try some of these out.
Any ideas for a toddler that won't eat ANY SOLIDS?!?!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. His tastes will change as time goes on. Also, many of the things you listed have lots of protein, so that shouldn't be a cause to worry that he may not be getting protein.
Have you tried little Vienna Sausages? Those are kid friendly, for sure.
I remember years ago my pediatrician told me that little kids are often smarter than we are when it comes to food because they know what they need and when they need it, and they don't overeat! I would be happy that he eats all the fruits and veggies you give him!
Quesadillas and let him 'dip' it in sour cream. That is a staple. Also loved (don't judge... it was baby friendly) the hormel meatloaf in the refrigerator section (by the bbq beef and other hormel ready to go meals). It was so soft you could cut it in cubes and my boys could mash it in their mouths with no problem. I tried homemade meatloaf but it wasn't processed enough so it was harder to chew. There is also an 'annie's' brand of spaghetti o's that has some meat sauce. That is a hit with my little guy. Good luck!! Your children are so cute!
I have the same problem with my kiddos not wanting the same thing twice. I find something they like and stock up on it and then they decide they don't want to TOUCH it.
One thing they like a lot as long as I don't give it to them every day is Black Beans or garbanzo beans. Straight out of the can (after I rinse them:). Also, have you tried edamame? Kroger usually has shelled edamame. What about Olives? Syd likes cottage cheese too.
Post a Comment