Marcus and I are buying new furniture for our family room. We are buying two chairs that look like this:
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave a comment and let us know which fabric we should choose. We desperately need YOUR help!

to go with this sofa (and a leather recliner that matches it):

Here's the problem: we picked a fabric texture for the chairs that's kind of nubby/tweedy because the fabric contrasts well with the leather. BUT we can't decide which color to choose. Our walls are a neutral tan that looks green in some light. Here is the color swatch from Sherman Williams website:

Here's the problem: we picked a fabric texture for the chairs that's kind of nubby/tweedy because the fabric contrasts well with the leather. BUT we can't decide which color to choose. Our walls are a neutral tan that looks green in some light. Here is the color swatch from Sherman Williams website:

So please help us decide! Here are the pics of the ones we're looking at to match the current paint (if you enlarge the pic you can get a better idea for the colors):




29 comments:
I vote avocado upholstery, leave the walls, and loose the border.
i love the avocado too!! and the couch and chairs are going to look great!!
Do you need me to come down there and decide? :)
Yes Lowie I do! Please come down, hang out, and help me pick fabrics!
My vote is for the camel and I agree with Kell - keep the paint, lose the border (we talked about that last night) and get drapes and pillows, throws, etc. for color.
My other vote - get Lowie to come down for a couple of days - at least you can have fun (oh, that's right, she has a JOB and has to work)! Lowie, it's sad how that job has impacted all of our lives!!
I like avocado the best. Fabulous couch and chairs, by the way.
I vote avocado too! I love the furniture you picked out :).
Wait...what border?!! Have I been out to lunch or just not noticing when I am your house....!!
p.s. i also love the avocado! Who knew...avocado would repeat itself from the 70's!!!!
Car - it's a border in her kitchen that makes the paint really take on a greener color than it even is. And, it's ugly to boot.
I know that lose, is lose, not loose, btw.
Car-Marcus keeps talking about how he feels like this fabric could be right from his grandma's couch.
And yes, I hate the border in my kitchen. I wish the original owners had just finished the border.
Don't you mean finish the moulding? If they'd finished the border, you'd just have more of it. This is definitely an instance where more is not better!
I like both the camel or the avocado. The camel is more neutral -- someone mentioned that you could go neutral on the chairs and add color on with the curtains, pillows, etc. I like that idea because it seems more versatile. You could always use a different accent color later to update or change the look of the room.
What smart friends you have (the Andersons) in agreeing with me on the camel. What people can't see in the avocado is that it has 'turquois' in it. They need to enlarge to swatch and look at it closely. I'm just afraid it would be dated quickly!!! I'm still in favor of drapes, pillows, etc. This border thing is getting too complicated! She has ugly border in her kitchen that should never have been put up - period!!
I don't have an opinion on this, but I have been cracking up at the comments of your family!! :o) I do love the chairs and agree with your Mom - neutral base means you can accent a colour through accessories (plus, then you can have different colours for different seasons!!) ps. I am going to respond to your email ASAP!! I'm sorry I have been lousy at being in touch!
I like the avocado. It's great because it has both cool and warm undertones, so you can really play with accents (pillows, throws, etc.)
If you want to go warmer with the fabric, I like the celadon better than the camel - the turquoise adds a little more depth. But it may also narrow your accent color options. Go with the avocado.
Agree that the border needs to come down.
Love the furniture - it will look great (and kid friendly to boot). You'll have to post photos when you get it all.
Yes Kel, sorry, they should have finished the crown moulding, not the border.
And just to clarify to the blogging community - I did NOT put up the hideous border in my kitchen. And yes, it needs to come down, be painted over, or have the crown moulding put up over it.
Sorry to have started the border talk, since it wasn't even referenced in the post.
I think those who have not been to Casa Ryan need a picture of said border. You know, to get the full effect??
I don't love a brown couch, brown recliner, and then two brown chairs. I think you need the color of the avocado to add some interest. Then, add more color with everything else.
All right, I'm done commenting on this. I think half your comments are mine. So, which did you pick???
So Steph - with all of the opinions, have you made a decision? It'll be interesting to see what you decide to do and who's opinion you like better than others! I'm so glad that Louise added in as just a member of the family with no opinion! Way to go Louise - a true peacemaker! Knowing you Steph, you may be more confused than ever - right?
Kay I have no idea...but I LOVE those chairs! I think I am partial to the camel...Can't wait to see the end result.
Celadon! Those chairs are gorgeous!!
I just love how my family has absolutely no opinions about anything! :P
I think celadon too but i think i'm the odd ball out-
My vote is for the camel! I also like the idea of adding color with pillows. But you have GREAT taste and I am sure no matter what you do it will be gorgeous!
Oh, I'm supposed to comment!! Umm...One of each! Yeah, this definitely isn't my forte. But I thought I'd include myself anyways with the family responses. Let me know when you need advice on anything sports-related :)
Somebody needs to let Callie know that you ASKED for opinions!
I think you should just come to North Carolina and furniture shop! I would give you the grand tour!! But you have probably already made your choices- it's going to look great! You have such good taste.
Oh, and if you did go with avocado... I love how it has a little silver sage in it. You should look at restoration's silver sage accents like pillows, throws and things. It would be great against the dark wood and leather. Good luck!
Post a Comment