Friday, February 4, 2011

january recap..

Wow! What a month it has been. I cannot believe it is already February! I had every intention to blog more frequently in January so it wouldn't seem so overwhelming to recap the month all at one time, but we all know how well that resolution has gone...

So to start January, Marc became a Sunbeam at church. I was surprisingly emotional about this transition. He is just getting so big so fast! I feel like I blink my eyes and my kids have already moved on to another stage in life. So here we are at church on his first day as a Sunbeam. He loves it and Abby loves being one of the big kids in nursery. They are growing too fast!


January started off with a bang, literally, when Abby took a big fall at the McDonald's play area and hit her eye. There was so much blood and it looked like it was coming from under her eyelid so I ran her to the ER across the street. One ER visit, two popsicles, a stuffed bear and thankfully zero stitches later we left.


I got to go to lunch with my dear friend Chelsea and meet her darling little man Charlie! He's such a sweet baby. Chelsea and I used to work together and became fast friends. She has darling almost 4 year-old twin boys and now this sweet baby boy. I don't get to see her nearly as often as I would like but it's so much fun when we get together.


When I got back from lunch with Chelsea I arrived home to FIVE boxes from my mom. All filled with mostly my junk from growing up (and some extra things she decided to purge from her house. Her junk is always my treasure!) I've spent a lot of the past month going through the boxes and it's been really fun to read through old journals and go through some of the stuff I've held on to. It's mostly junk that's since been thrown out (afterall, I am my father's daughter), but it's been fun to reminisce a little bit.


Next the kids and I finally made it back to the Children's Museum with Ang and the twins. We haven't been since my parents were in town almost a year and a half ago and I swear I would never do things like this if I didn't have Angela in my life! The kids had so much fun. That is, after they got over being terrified by the T-Rex in the entrance way that kept roaring...


Onto the bubbles...


And whatever this is called, Marc and Jesse thought it was pretty awesome.



Onto the farming section. Abby learned how to collect the eggs...


And ride a horse...


And apparently someone missed this sign...


Because she started doing this...


And Marc and Jesse learned how to milk a cow...


Then on to the firetruck slide...


And of course Marc found the water area...


And home we went. We've been looking for new ways to entertain ourselves around here and apparently a big cardboard box is all we need. So we turned it into a spaceship and flew to grandma and papa's house and back...


And in the quest to find new forms of entertainment, Abby has become slightly obsessed with the purple horse at the carousel at the mall and we have been at least once a week...


And Abby discovered that it is probably not the best choice to draw all over her face with pen. She started crying when she saw what she looked like in the mirror. Thankfully it was only ballpoint pen so it came off with a baby wipe.


And then we rounded out the month with a stretch of beautiful, warm 70 degree days so Marcus and a friend took the kids to the lake in our neighborhood to go fishing...



And they loved it. Even if the fish were "sleeping".

We had such a fun and busy month. But nothing could have prepared us for this first week in February!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Poor Abby! Her little eye looked scary, but nothing a popsicle & teddy bear can't fix!

We still need to make it out to the Children's Museum- it looks like you had a ton of fun!

Miss you & hope you guys are staying warm and sane inside!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a busy month y'all have had! Abby looks awesome in her sunglasses fishing..love it! Can't wait for this winter weather to lift so we can play again soon!!!

Erika Anderson said...

steph..I miss you!! Next time you are in UT and have the time, lets get together for lunch or something!

Auntie Lolo said...

A Sunbeam?! Oh my heart hurts a little!! He looks so cute though! Poor sweet Abby!

Kelli said...

Wow! Looks like a riot! Is Abby still "anti-sweater" with that outfit?

She's a crack up. Can't wait to hear her little voice again.

critts said...

Yes Kelli--still no sweater. When I told her it would make grandma cry to know she didn't wear it, she told me it would make her cry to wear it. So no, it won't get worn. Ever.

Cathy said...

What is the deal with the anti-sweater? I loved it at the children's museum. We will have to go in March when Kelli and Addie and I come. A great month in recap! Little did you know what you were in for with the coming of February!!!