My oh my! What a week this has been! Thanks to a freak ice storm on Monday night/Tuesday morning, and a 50 degree temperature drop to a balmy 20, we have been homebound for three straight days! Our one-day ice storm has turned into a four-day adventure. And since it hasn't gotten above 25 since Tuesday morning and the sun hasn't come out to melt away the ice, we've been stuck at home. So we've spent three days doing this...
And watching way more tv than I care to admit. But then last night, the weatherman on tv said we should expect a light dusting of snow Friday morning. And somehow between going to bed last night and waking up this morning, that "light dusting" turned into four inches of snow! But at least were finally able to step outside and play in the snow. So today we've been doing this...(and ps--Kelli and Brenya, if you're reading this, yes, those are my ridiculously old BHS field hockey pants. I leave all my snow gear in Utah and I've kept those around all these years just for a snow day like today. I think it might be time to retire them.)
And what a fun day it has been! We're still homebound because the roads are just snow on top of ice , but we're hoping for some sun and some 50 degree temps tomorrow to start melting this stuff.
10 comments:
So Crazy! Looks like lots of fun. Enjoy all that crazy snow for us:)
So Crazy! Looks like lots of fun. Enjoy all that crazy snow for us:)
Proof that you can wear the same pants you fit into at 16? Those should be framed, not thrown out.
I agree about the pants, they should be framed! They are cute too! I didn't think your kids could get cuter and then you go and put snow gear on them, so adorable! What a fun dad Marcus is!
Wow that is so crazy! Looks like everyones having fun in the snow though. And your house is beautiful!
Oh my what a crazy time you have had!! How fun to get an unexpected snow day and how fun that Marcus could be home with you all. I love, love and miss those little ones. Are you feeling better? Love you tons.
Before I read the p.s. I thought, "Wow those look like BHS pants." HA!
Has this not been the longest week? I am so ready to get out of this house! I love the snow pictures of Marcus and the kids! They had some fun! Your BHS pants are rockin too! :)
I never would have noticed the pants. If those pants came up and whacked me in the face, I probably wouldn't have recognized them. Pretty sad considering Megan and I picked them out :). I can't even remember when I last owned mine. I'm not even sure I took them to college...and I second Melissa - how fun they still fit!!!
I swear I hear more about Dallas weather, more than our own these days. Have you started melting???
You all have been busy! I like the pictures of Marc tackling Marcus and of you and the kids doing snow angels.
I seriously can't believe the weather Dallas is getting. Crazy. I hope the snow and ice melt soon so you can return to normal life again.
Glad Abby's eye is okay--so scary. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment