Thursday, October 29, 2009

my wonderful wife

I just want the whole world to know how wonderful my wife is. She has done such an amazing job of taking care of not only two kids but also a husband who can't even walk or carry kids or put dishes away or any of the things she has to do all by herself ever since I broke my leg. She has been so kind and loving and has done so much for me that I can't do for myself, and she's done it all with a smile on her face. The other day I tried to take my first couple of steps in my walking cast without crutches (which didn't work) and we were laughing because Steph now has 3 toddlers instead of 2. I won't humiliate myself by putting that video up, but let's just say I can't walk nearly as well as this one of Abby, and won't be able to for another month or two:

These videos are old, but I'm so proud of Abby for how well she's walking, especially when it's not exactly easy to learn when you have this going on:


And even while refereeing those two, Steph still found time to help me get things I can't reach, help me shower, make the house more wheelchair accessible, then help me with my cast and stuff when I graduated to crutches, and do all the other things you never realize you can't do with a broken shin. She even calls me at work to remind me to ice it and keep it elevated because, you know, it looks so professional to have my foot up on the desk all day:
She's the best girl a guy could ask for (wow, that totally sounded like Wally on Leave it to Beaver, didn't it?). She even took me to see U2 even though I know it isn't her favorite band in the world:
and she let me count going to see the Cowboys get their first regular-season home win in the new stadium (finally) as "family night":
and she didn't even mind that I couldn't dance or do anything at the wedding reception, which actually turned out to be cool because we got to just hang out with Grandpa on the couch:
and she's just been a wonderful wife and mother, and the kids and I are so lucky to have her. We have had so much fun together as a family and we've been very blessed, although I'm looking forward to being able to put Abby up on my shoulders and run through the house, or go do this with Marc again (and Abby soon) because I love how he says "yeah" after every shot:

and not only because it's such good bonding time, but also because it's hilarious to see a little kid walking with a big golf bag:
and especially to grab a burger in the clubhouse. You'd never know it from this picture, but Marc always has a great time up there, especially when he's dipping the fries in BBQ sauce and feeding the ends to me, and then eating the rest of each fry himself without sauce. Hilarious.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to being able to do all of these things again, and in the meantime I just want everyone to know how wonderful my wife is and how much I appreciate her.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...Your wife is a rockstar! She even makes time in her crazy busy schedule to hang out with us all the time! We're glad you are on the mend...and hope you continue to recover quickly.

Calene said...

Marcus....you know my favorite thing about you? You make my niece so very happy and you take such great care of her. It's awesome that you took the time to make her aware of all the little things that she does. Because, in the end, they really are the big things.

Love you, Nephew!

Meredith said...

You guys rock! I can't wait to see all of these cute faces again. I missed y'all so much. Love you all!

Unknown said...

Golly gee...we love that wife of yours too! Such a classy dame! Hope the leg continues to get better!

Carolyn said...

I think she is awesome, and I think she deserves a really cool piece of jewelry...big....shiny...

Can't wait to see you all...

Anna@Exasperation said...

Awwww.
Steph is basically awesome. True enough.

Elieson Family said...

How sweet. Life's tough and then it gets harder. Way to go you two! I'm loving seeing more shots of the new house, btw. Beautiful :)

Molly said...

Awww - we all know Steph is amazing but it sure is wonderful to see it in print. So glad you guys have one another (and two adorables!) and so glad you are on the mend.

Hey, my dad had mounted deer and a giant wooden indian in his law office...a broken foot on the desk is ok in my book!! :)

Kelli said...

Kudos to Steph for surviving the past few months! And like you said, always with a smile.

Way to go Steph. Here's to an easier next few months!

Julia Ryan said...

You're right! She is amazing! And the photos and videos of the kids are darling. What a great gene pool!

Jess said...

You both are amazing and we are so glad to have gotten to know you. Thanks for taking the initiative. Here's to many more fun date nights and lots of Steph's yummy cooking:)

Taylor said...

Holy Smokes that is a sweet office.

Christy said...

Ok, that second video made me laugh out loud. It makes me miss you guys.

I'm happy that you are getting better Marcus!

Christy said...

Oh, and p.s. you do have an awesome wife. She was the best roommate ever too!