Labor Day weekend Marcus's friend Chris and my friend Jen tied the knot. We set them up at our wedding and while it's taken a little while (they've never lived in the same city) they got married! It was such a lovely wedding and my first time inside the Salt Lake temple. Marcus couldn't make it because of his broken leg (doesn't make travel easy) and my dad and father-in-law and brothers already had tickets for the BYU/OU football game in Dallas when the final wedding date was set.
One thing that was so fun about the wedding was that it was a mini reunion. I got to see all these friends (pictured above) from New York that I hadn't seen in over five years! I also got to see Corey & Ashley (sorry, no pictures of them) again because Corey is Chris' brother. I've known them since college and I wish they would move back to the great state. We miss you guys!
I love this picture because I think it's so sweet how Chris is staring at his lovely bride. Aren't wedding days so much fun?
Because I had a small role in the beginnings of their union, Chris & Jen asked me to tell the story of their dating and courtship at the reception. They laughed throughout the story and no one seemed offended so I think I accomplished my mission.
And what post isn't complete without a picture of my little travel companion? She figured out how to open the bathroom cabinets and would play under there like it was her own hideout.
What a fun weekend! We missed Marcus and Marc but we are all so happy for Chris and Jen! And PS they are my third successfully married couple to date--anyone out there need some setting up?
9 comments:
How fun! You are Ms. match-maker- maybe you should have a show on Bravo???? So glad you had a greattime.
hey-
let's hang out or somethin' ;)
Steph, I am so impressed with your match-making skills!!
knock knock Hello!!
Abby is getting so big and so cute.
Way to hook up 3 couples- i'll send anyone singe i know your way.
Thats fun to reunite with your old roomies- i love those times. Wish it would happen more often.
That is one great track record. You must have an eye for compatible people. What a gift! I wish I could attend more weddings - although I always cry... Glad you had such a good time!
Unh...DUH....there are a number of children that I know that need to be matchmade?!!!
You look gorgeous in your pretty new green (non kids) shirt for the wedding!! Congrats to your friends!!
I'm not sure if we're included in the 3, but are forever grateful for your amazing matchmaking talents!
Ahem, I think I could benefit from some matchmaking if you've got any suggestions. Though I'm pretty sure I'm not the easiest to set up.
But congrats to Jen on the nuptials!
Post a Comment