Thursday, September 3, 2009

guess who's one???


Our little Miss Priss is one and I'm sitting here wondering where the time has gone?! Abby and I were heading to Utah for a friend's wedding on her birthday so in true Ryan form she got several birthday celebrations.


The night before the big day we had a little family celebration since we wouldn't all be together on her big day. I was feeling a little guilty that Marc had a big first birthday party and Abby wasn't going to have one so we invited the twins over for cake and ice cream.
  

She was less than thrilled with her first taste of cake. After lots of screaming and crying we got her out of the chair. The cake festivities lasted all of about 5 seconds.


The next day we flew to Utah. And boy did she perform for people on the plane. She was cute as can be (unusual for Abby + airplane rides) and she loved all the birthday attention she got. When we got to Mama and PawPaw's house she changed into her birthday dress (cousins Addie and Delaney wore it on their first birthdays) and we ate more cake. Yummy!
 

I love this picture of the three of them! Abby loved having the undivided attention of her grandparents and my cousins for a few days. She was so, so cute! 


And I'm posting her cakes so you can see the difference. Above please notice the not-very-exciting grocery store cake I got Abby. And below please notice the birthday cake my mom got for her. When I opened the box I asked my mom if it was Abby's wedding day or her first birthday? She didn't think the joke was that funny. But the cake she got sure was yummy! I just told Abby not to get used to it--her wedding cake won't be nearly as fancy.


Thanks mom & dad for hosting us! And Happy Birthday little princess! We love you so much and are so grateful you are part of our little family. 

14 comments:

Maret said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! Steph, you look beautiful in the pic of her on your lap... And i LOVE the one of Abby with your parents!

Meredith said...

Haha! The wedding cake was awesome! Glad I got to see you again.

Nielson said...

Wow! I can't believe she's already 1!!! That went by fast :) And that cake is really gorgeous--looks yummy!

Katie said...

What a beauty! I can't believe that she is 1...crazy! Lovin' the b-day/wedding cakes! ;-)

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! I'm not saying the cake you got her wasn't adorable, but your mom's cake was PIMP!

Auntie Lolo said...

Wow, the year sure has flown by!! The pictures are great and her cakes are fabulous!! :) Happy Birthday Abby Cadabby!!

Karlee said...

Is she really already a year?!? WOW!!! That is CRAZY! She's so cute by the way! I love the first picture of her...I really just want to squeeze her!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! That 2nd cake HAS to be from Backers Bakery downtown...I had one of their cakes every year for my birthday and my sisters and I would fight over who got to eat what flower!

Calene said...

Everybody should get a Bakker's cake for their first birthday!

Mk said...

Happy Birthday sweet Abby!!! Can't believe you are already a year...anyone that cute deserves two great cakes!

Hillary said...

Wow, the time has flown by I can't believe she is one! Love the two cakes it made me laugh just because I know and Love your mom and that cake is so your mom.....darling and fancy. Glad you had a nice time in Utah.

Louise said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I cannot believe it has been a year since she arrived!! And I loved the story of the two cakes and concur with Hilary! You look beautiful Steph, and I love the picture of Abby with your Mom and Dad.

It's Been a Day! said...

one already? that year just flew by for me! what a fun birthday celebration. she sure is such a cute little girl!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Abby! She is surely one spoiled little girl!