Wednesday, July 2, 2008

i haven't been blogging

I've been crafting. I apologize that I haven't really posted lately nor have I been good at reading blogs, commenting, or e-mailing. I think I've been on an internet strike. I blame my new craft area. Once we decided to stay put in our house I decided to take over the sitting area in our bedroom as my craft room. And yes, it is the one place in my house that I do not feel any need or pressure to keep clean and organized, ever. For fun (my fun, really) I'm including a few pics of the things I've been working on but beware, I'm horrible at taking pictures of my crafts.

I finally finished Jen's "J". Sorry Jen it took so long!

I also finished this stitchery and spent way too much money getting it framed for someone. I brought it home today and noticed that they framed it off-center. I'm annoyed but I'm glad it's done.
I got the idea for this diaper envelope from my friend Karee. I made it for Kelli now that she's back in the world of diapers and wipes. The inside is the same striped fabric on the front. I hope you like it Kel!And lastly, here's my newest project, my stars and stripes table runner that won't be finished in time for the 4th. I'm trying to teach myself how to free motion quilt and it's a lot harder than it seems. As soon as I figure that out I'll be able to finish it. Hopefully before Labor Day. If you have any advice, please send it my way. Happy crafting everyone.

21 comments:

Christy said...

Steph! You're amazing me! These look great! :)

Karlee said...

My goodness Stephanie, I had NO IDEA you were so crafty! Not that I didn't think you could be crafty, I just didn't know you were! I'm VERY IMPRESSED! I wish I was crafty! I LOVE that "J" you made! You're SO talented! Keep on impressing me!

Auntie Lolo said...

I love all your crafts and I am so proud of you for finally finishing your "J", it's super cute.

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm so impressed. I wish I had a little craft area. The part I hate most about crafts is having to pull them out and then clean them up so a little craft spot is just what i need! You are so talented. Way to go!!

Chris and Lacy said...

How neat! You did a great job!!! I love the little Cowboy up sign. It's so cute. Well, they're all cute actually. Good job.

Mk said...

Martha, Martha! love it all! What the heck is 'free motion quilting'??? Just the fact that you know what that is makes you a billion times better crafter than any one i know:) Nice work, sister.

Tamara said...

Wow. Color me impressed! When can I sign up for lessons?

Louise said...

Um, hello Martha!! :o) Steph, you are so lucky that both your left side and right side of the brain work! I'm so impressed with your crafting! Wish we lived closer to each other - we would have so much fun!

Calene said...

Impressed, sweetie! Could you make your pics clickable so we can see up close?? Love, auntie

melenglund said...

What's a diaper envelope?

Okey's said...

Wow...who knew? I am so impressed with all of your craft skills. There is nothing that you can't do. I remember you had said that your sister makes blankets but I never knew how multi crafty you were. I usually have good intentions of wanting to do things but I never know where to start and I definitely do not know how to sew. I need you to teach me:) love, jana

holcombe family said...

These crafting skills were never showed off in the Town House and heaven knows we could have used a little sprucing up....I'm so impressed, but a little amazed how well you hid this talented side of yourself. I miss you
Stace

Erika Anderson said...

overachiever! (good for you....where did you get the little cowboy thing?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Steph! I love it. Almost makes the world of diapers and wipes easier to get back into. Almost...

Carolyn said...

Love it! I couldn't be more proud! Maybe MY daughters will follow in your footsteps!

Love,

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I haven't been blogging too much either but I don't have anything nearly as impressive to show for my negligence. I'm hoping that I am back on track and hopefully you will be soon too. Love keepin' up with you via your blog!

Cathy said...

Way too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! You're amazing!! I could not be more impressed. We need to spend more time together so some of that craftiness can rub off on me.

Maret said...

i have no advice, but i am impressed. The craftiest thing I've done all year has involved my mac book pro :)

Christy said...

STPEHANIE!! I TAGGED YOU!!! Have fun!

The Fowers said...

Yes, we really have to get together and craft sometime!