Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4th of July

We spent the 4th of July in Boston with the Clarks (my sister Rebekah, her husband Andrew, and Andrew's parents and siblings) and my parents, and we had a great time. I got to see Belmont where both Stephanie and Andrew grew up, and I still can't get over how random it is that my sister and I married people who were friends and went to the same school, ward, and seminary class when they were growing up. It was especially fun because we got to see our little niece Rachel Elizabeth Clark (you can tell from the pic that Marc wasn't always thrilled about no longer being the center of attention):
It was fun to see my parents again, and Marc enjoyed meeting his newest cousin:
We stayed at Kim & Sue's house where Andrew grew up, which was really fun, and I got to see the house where Stephanie grew up and where she went to school and everything.
Grandma Ryan enjoyed hanging out with Marc and celebrating his birthday a little early.
And, as always, Marc's time with Grandpa Ryan was spent taking batting practice and hitting golf balls:
When we got back, I got to take Marc to his swim lesson a couple of times last week. Luckily he's blocking the end of what my t-shirt says, since it may or may not say a word that my mom never allowed us to say in the house (but, seriously, how else can you describe the Yankees?).

9 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

Thanks for posting all the great pictures from Boston! Your niece is beautiful and it looks like you had a great time with your family!

Louise said...

Steph you look gorgeous!! I love your dress! You suit being pregnant, I love it! Marc is so adorable - I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

Tamara said...

Steph, you are hereby never allowed to complain about gaining weight during pregnancy. You are the cutest thing on earth. You're killing me!

And I can't believe Rebekah is a mommy! I didn't know you knew Andrew! That's a crack up. Small small world.

Calene said...

I'm glad you had fun in Boston! What a cool place to spend the 4th. Tessie....you look absolutely adorable. Love, Auntie

Chris and Lacy said...

Tess, you look great!! Seriously! What a cute little baby bump. Marc is a doll too, and so is your new little precious neice. I'm glad yall had a blast in Boston.

The Yosts said...

Steph- you look so good! Cute pregnant belly :) Hope you are feeling well.

Karlee said...

Marc's in swim lessons? What a GREAT idea that is! I guess I didn't even think about that for Boston! I should SO look into that! I love that he's already swinging a bat!

Michael BE said...

Don't worry Marcus, I think "Sucka" is legitimate 80s slang.

Rachel said...

Marcus, I love your shirt, where did you get that?!