The National Review has endorsed Mitt Romney for President, calling him the "most conservative viable candidate." It goes on to say, "Romney is a full-spectrum conservative: a supporter of free-market economics and limited government, moral causes such as the right to life and the preservation of marriage, and a foreign policy based on the national interest ... Rudolph Giuliani did extraordinary work as mayor of New York and was inspirational on 9/11. But he and Mike Huckabee would pull apart the coalition from opposite ends: Giuliani alienating the social conservatives, and Huckabee the economic (and foreign-policy) conservatives."
"Romney is an intelligent, articulate, and accomplished former businessman and governor. At a time when voters yearn for competence and have soured on Washington because too often the Bush administration has not demonstrated it, Romney offers proven executive skill."
"The notion that he will somehow be controlled by Salt Lake City or engaged in evangelism for his church is outlandish. He deserves to be judged on his considerable merits as a potential president."
"More than the other primary candidates, Romney has President Bush’s virtues and avoids his flaws."
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is great news, Marcus. I just can't stand Huckabee and his surge has pained me!
I thought Mitt did a great job in his speech last Thursday and if Evangelicals can get past their prejudices, we may be able to pull this off... and get someone in the office who knows how to make organizations smaller (less expensive) and more efficient.
I can't stand Huckabee. I saw NBC's piece on his "gfts" while in office - my favorite was where his family signed up for a gift registry of things they needed when he left office. God wants you to have that Kitchenaid, Mike - he just doesn't want you to have to pay for it yourself!
It also bothers me that in America, a nation founded (perhaps not solely, but in part) on freedom of religion, that someone feels the need to explain what they believe to the voting pool.
I was, however, pleased with Romney's speech, more so than I thought I would be.
Marcus - A few people have posted interesting commentaries on the Huck/Mitt issue on In Rare Form. I'd be interested to know your thoughts.
http://inrareform.wordpress.com/2007/12/13/who-we-are/
http://inrareform.wordpress.com/2007/12/14/guest-post-huck-the-wannabe-kingmaker/
http://inrareform.wordpress.com/2007/12/12/huckabees-free-pass/
Huckabee is a phony and I have a growing suspicion that he is really Kevin Spacey...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPX_KANkPQ
(I'm a dork)
I'm a fan of Mitt but my son disagrees.
We were talking to David (age 4) about the upcoming election and he said, "I want to vote for Sam Houston because he was a general and has the best ideas." I had to break the news that he was already dead.
Post a Comment