Santa came a little early to our house in Texas. My favorite gift the little guy received was his rocking horse. I was really excited about it but I think he just likes to eat the horse's mane (I know, I'm a bad

mom for letting him do that). Early the next morning the three of us flew to Arizona to spend Christmas with our Ryan family. The little guy treated us by screaming the whole way - it was super fun! Everyone around us was so happy to be seated next to us! We loved all the nice looks we got en

route to Phoenix. The little guy loved his trip to Arizona. As the only grandchild on the Ryan side (for a few more months at least) he loved all the attention he got from his grandparents, aunts and uncles. As a special surprise we were able to spend a few moments with Marcus's

grandmother. She is unfortunately not well but we were able to introduce her to the little guy and Rebekah was able to share her

wonderful news that she's having a girl! We were all so thankful to be able to spend that time with her. Next up the guys went golfing and
Andrew shocked them all by getting his first hole-in-one! Congratulations Andrew! The Ryan boys then spent Christmas Eve at the

shooting range because what better way is there to say "Merry Christmas"? That night we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas program (organized by Rebekah) with participation from the whole family. The highlights of the program were Marcus's 12 Days of Christmas with the little guy,

Jill's reading of her Christmas story (authored at age 7), and Andrew singing "Oh Holy Night" (one of my all-time favorite carols). And finally we celebrated the real Christmas day with our wonderful Ryan family. We were able to talk to Rob and hear all about his wonderful mission in Brazil.

We're so proud of you Rob and we miss you so much!!! We feel so blessed at this time of year to be surrounded by so many friends and family. Even though we could not celebrate with all our loved ones, we love you all and wish you a

happy and joyous holiday season! Oh and one more thing before I forget...the little guy received his first belt buckle from Grandpa Ryan! I'm so proud of my little Texan and I cannot wait for him to wear it! Now I just need to start looking for his first pair of cowboy boots.
11 comments:
I didn't know Rebekah was expecting! Yay for little boy having a girl cousin! Christmas looks like fun. I'm glad you guys enjoyed!
Yea for Christmas!! Looks fun!!
Oh my goodness! That is the tiniest belt buckle I've EVER seen!
Oh my goodness! That is the tiniest belt buckle I've EVER seen!
You guys really are Texans...a horse for Christmas, shooting range for Christmas eve and the belt buckle to top it off. Happy Christmas Y'all. Can I borrow the belt buckle? too cute.
I think you need to name the people in the group picture,please. Left to right. :)
Okay, Lois, here you go. That's my brother Dave, Rebekah's husband Andrew Clark, my dad, me, Dave's wife Jill, my sister Rebekah, my Grandma, my mom, and Steph. In the front row we have my Grandma's dog (uninvited) and Marc.
glad you had such a wonderful Christmas . . . guns, belt buckle and all.
I loved reading all about your holiday! How exciting for Rebekah!
We love the belt buckle and actually are surprised that we haven't got Bridger one yet, he has the boots and the wranglers-- Ben is anxiously waiting for him to grow into them. anyway, when you're in texas, you gotta do it like the texans!
I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas. It's too bad we weren't able to get together! Maybe next time you're in AZ.
Post a Comment