Let's be honest: we all blog-stalk to a degree. Usually it's a friend of a friend or someone you came across that you knew way back when. But because you don't leave a comment letting them know you were there they'll never know (and hence the stalking aspect). And then, of course, there are the popular blogs that many of us stalk/read: Nie Nie, Design Mom, and Nesting Place to name a few. But what about the random person to whom you have no real connection but read his or her blog regularly?
I will admit that I have one. I read this blog so regularly now that I am subscribed to updates in my google reader. I do have a distant connection to it (it's my friend's brother's best friend's wife's blog) but I read it because I think she's darling, her kids are my kids' ages, and she loves to craft. And maybe this is entering onto a stalker level but I can't help but think if we met in real life we'd be friends (well actually, probably not now because I'd scare her off by knowing all about her because of the blog).
So now I'm curious: who do you blog-stalk?
11 comments:
Don't worry Steph, I do the same thing! My friend from work always tells me about her friends so when I read her blog I just go to her friends' too!
I have a couple friends of acquaintances that I stalk. Most embarrassingly, I dated this guy (not boyfriend status, just went out a few times) at BYU whose whole family I ended up meeting in one way or another (most before we went out the first time). A couple years ago, I found an extended family blog. And some of his siblings have blogs. I am ashamed. Hopefully, none of them stalk your blog :)
as exhibited by my bulging google reader, I stalk a lot of blogs. But the only ones I really consider stalking are the ones of people I know who I have not confessed I actually read their blogs. There are a couple of girls I sort of know who I found their blogs one way or the other and I skim them in reader. But there are lots and lots of blogs I stumble onto that I enjoy and read because of their writing or humor or whatever and I don't consider those stalking. I also try to comment once in a while when I especially enjoy something just to let them know I'm there. I feel like I've made friends this way as well.
In my opinion it is far less creepy than online dating :)
Stephanie,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this POST! You're right when you say ALL of us do it! I don't know of anyone who doesn't! Usually I blog stalk people who I found absolutely entertaining to read, people who have kids Boston's age, and people who are creative beyond all measure and I just can't FATHOM doing that myself! It's funny when you find that you have gone from 4 different blogs just to find this one person's blog! We're not crazy but no one likes to admit they do it! It always makes me wonder who is stalking me! Probably no one because I'm not that interesting but hopefully they don't mind me doing that to them! OH! Doesn't it just make you SOO angry when someone you blog stalk goes PRIVATE! I always wonder if I should just say something to be added but they might be too freaked out to add me!
Guilty!
I stumbled upon this one blog that I follow and I don't know the girl at all. She just reminds me of the Seriously So Blessed parody blog and it's a serious delight to read. I'll send you the link!
You.
That's hilarious. I still remember the day you called to tell me that my "brother's friend's wife had her baby"
To be honest, the only personal blogs that I can keep up with are yours and Kerry's and Ryan's.
Ridiculous blogs I like are Cakewrecks.blogspot.com and thisiswhyyourefat.com
Ooooo! Thanks for all those new blogs to check out! (I am totally going to make a coffee table into an ottoman now:)
Well, I don't know if I qualify as a stalker because I know you, or mostly Marcus I guess, but Tyler and I HAVE been meaning to invite you guys over to dinner:) We need to commiserate about how having kids as close together as we both do really must be harder than twins:)
Let's see, who do I blog stalk...let me check my reader...I think I have so many people I know that I don't have time for people I don't, but I also think that if someone has ads on their blog then it's not considered stalking because they are most likely trying to get people they don't know to read their blog.
I think we have a few stalkers who have not yet revealed themselves because someone from London checks our blog every day.
There are 2 specific ones that I stalk (although cakewrecks, cjane, etc are good ones) and they are: granolasdodallas.blogspot.com and adayinthelifeofthechristensons.blogspot.com
Seriously, they are GOOD ONES. The first one is WAY too hilarious..and you have to go back quite a ways to get all her humor, but she is quite the writer and the 2nd one is amazing in other aspects..she does tutorials and is pretty dang funny in her own right. Let me know what you think of them!
I think that if you have a blog, you should expect people to stalk you - so then no one should feel bad for doing it. :-)
You! haha.
Post a Comment