Saturday, September 20, 2008

the past week

We're a little behind on our blogging, but we've had a great week. When he isn't trying to sit on her, Marc is really enjoying his sister:
Last Friday we took Marc with us to Abby's appointment with Dr. Michelle. He loves her jungle-themed waiting room
especially the monkeys, which he likes to swing with:
Then Marc helped me give his friends Jesse and Jocelyn some BP pointers:
Then on Monday Marc and I spent most of the day together, which is always fun. We went to the range and the practice green, but unfortunately our digital camera was doing some weird things that made these pictures blurry, which is why we got this new one that is totally waterproof. That should make Marc's swimming lessons more fun next year.
I really like this picture. Too bad it turned out blurry too.
It has been really fun to get to spend so much time with Abby. She is so cute.
Marc keeps trying to figure out a way around the childproofing so that he can sit on his sister while she's napping in her bouncer, but luckily this is as far as he's gotten:
Marc and I spent most of Tuesday playing and getting his new room ready. I was helping him hit ping pong balls against the wall when he climbed into one of my shoes, so I helped him get the other one on:
On Wednesday Steph and I took the kids to the playground:
Marc loved the swing, as always:
and the other playground stuff:
and then Tess and I took the kids for a walk by the lake:
And on Wednesday we took the kids from our church youth group to play WhirlyBall, which was a blast.

15 comments:

Lauren said...

What a busy week! I love that picture of Marc holding Abby.

Katie said...

That first picture of Marc and Abby is just too cute! Your family is darling. I got the blanket at Target.

Doug said...

Lois went on and on about how much fun Whirley Ball was - unfortunately I was in NOLA. We'll have to get a bunch of us together and do it soon!!!

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness, what an action packed week. What is the new bruise on Marc's right cheek from? What beautiful grandchildren I have! Tess - you look fabulous!

Louise said...

I love the first picture of Marc with Abby - the look on his face is just gorgeous. And Miss Stephanie you look so good! I am so thrilled for your family with the addition of Abby!

Auntie Lolo said...

Yeah, I pretty much can't get over the look on Marc's face in the first picture!! And it was nice to see Abigail's eyes open!! Maybe she will be kind enough to do that when I am over one day.... :)

Chris and Lacy said...

Marc is SO cute holding Abby. He has the cutest look on his face. He must have a blast with Daddy learning how to golf on the range. Abby is adorable as ever. I'm so glad we got to see you guys today!

Carolyn said...

LOVE the first photo! They are so cute...can hardly stand it! When are they coming to visit?

Maret said...

Looks like a fun week!

Okey's said...

First of all you look amazing! You would think that you had baby number 2 months ago. I love the pictures...too cute for words. You do such fun things with your kids!

Rebekah said...

ADORABLE!!! That first picture is especially priceless--they both have the most perfect expressions. How sweet to see little Marc taking on his role as the big brother. Little Abby is just gorgeous (just like her mama!), and I cannot wait to meet her. I wish I was there now! I miss you all tons.

Kelli said...

Lots and lots of cuteness! Like everyone else, I agree that the first pic is priceless!! You'll have to show that to them often in a few years when all they want to do is kill each other.

Abby said...

cute pictures-- Marc is looking like a little boy now and not a baby... i love that 1st pic of them.. so cute.

Mona said...

Two adorable kiddos! Hope that you are adjusting to the two transition well- and yes, Steph, you look totally fabulous!

Christy said...

It is almost seems illegal of just how cute that top picture is. That is such a priceless shot! I love it!! :)