Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am so proud of my sister!

I am so proud of my little sister Rebekah! The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court just issued its ruling this morning on the domestic violence case she worked on around the clock last January. The court held that protective restraining orders can be issued against non-resident abusers even without personal jurisdiction. It is a big victory which helps secure protections for domestic violence victims who flee to Massachusetts for safety. It is especially cool because it looks to me like the court opinion followed the reasoning of her amicus brief almost exactly. Here's a link to the Boston Globe article about it:

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I have to say I'm proud to be one of the little people who knew Rebekah back before she was famous! Brilliant and beautiful, she is. Strong showing!

critts said...

Way to go Rebekah! I'm so proud of you!!!

Maret said...

Wow, that's fantastic! Good for her!!!