Monday, November 5, 2007
family debate
Please help us settle our family debate. Right now our PC that I've been using for about 5 years is on its last leg and we need to replace it. The ongoing debate is whether we should get the new iMac or a PC. So if you have any comments, feelings, opinions one way or the other, please share them with us and help us make this very important decision! PS - we are looking for a desktop, not a laptop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I just bought a MacBook Pro this week. I have no idea how to use it, but I felt peer pressured into a Mac because they are, apparently, much, much cooler.
Get a Mac so we can learn together.
I have no opinion, so sorry!!
Having the same discussion at our house! Marc keeps saying, "we shall see what Santa brings?" I WANT THE IMAC! Darowski swears by them!
Little man is adorable!-~
Just make sure it's user friendly. The first computer I bought could probably have controlled the space shuttle but I had no idea how to use all of its capacity. The poor little fella never even got to try out all of his tricks.
Learn from my mistake, Steph. Simpler = happier (at least in the world of small brains... where I live!)
I agree with Tamara. When I was in AZ a few weeks ago trying to show my parents some pics I got so frustrated with their Mac OS that I finally quit. And this is coming from someone who was raised on Macs. I'm all for keeping things simple (and compatible) at this point in my life, not learning something new that's true on my desktop but not my laptop simply because it's, as Maret says, "cooler." In theory I'd rather be the "Mac guy" than the "PC guy" in Apple's new ads, and I know the laptops are faster, lighter, and cooler, but in practice I don't see any reason to not get a PC desktop--especially after the experience I had trying to use Mac OS the other day. By the way, Maret, how do you respond to the current allegation against you that your true reason for buying a MacBook Pro is that you think "Mac guy" is cute? Maybe what I should do is wait to see what Marc and Julie get and just do the same thing--like we did with our car.
lol - so I think we all know what side of the family debate marcus is on!
I vote PC for ease of use and compatibility. I'm an arty sort of person and Macs freak me out in spite of the ability to do more artistically with them.
Admittedly, though, Vista stinks. Takes getting used to.
iMAC HANDS DOWN!
I love it and never regret getting mine! And it won't take THAT long to learn, so you and Maret will have a good ol' time, then we can all iChat and video chat with each other. :)
Oh, and trust me...Macs are EASY to use. :) Marucs, *tsk, tsk*, you should know better.
Drag and drop, drag and drop, that is what the macs are all about. Their dock is just like the start up menu, but much more user friendly in my opinon.
I can let you know all the tricks of the trade and you'll be fine and happier you (you too, Marcus!).
Oh and don't forget you close windows on the left hand corner, not the right. :)
Guys- we just purchased an imac desktop and it came TODAY actually! But we already know we're going to love it-- Pax has always like macs- we had a MacBook Pro and sold it for a desktop - and Apple just came out w/ a new Operating System that is SO much fun and really cool to play around w/ pictures, emails, videos, and it's just awesome. So we say the imac definitely!!
Since i am about to throw this stinkin' PC out the window, I vote Mac- you be the guinea pig and the rest of us will follow. We all know you can't trust Darowski COMPLETELY :)
While the mac guy IS cuter than the PC guy, Marcus, there are other good mac reasons, too. Other than the coolness factor.
*Macs have never been attacked by a virus or spyware.
*Macs now can use MS Office
*pics and music and home videos are easier and better on a mac. and that's what you'll be using your computer for, critts.
Plus, my keyboard is illuminated from under the keys, which is super-swank.
Also, Marcus your complaints about OS are outdated. Have you not heard about LEOPARD? Your new imac will have Leopard, not OS (Tiger).
As the owner of an iMac AND a PC, I'm going to have to go with the iMac. I have to admit that I use my PC for my work/ office needs, mostly out of habit and convenience (since everything is saved on it). But my PC has nothing on speed and reliability of my Mac. Once you figure out your mac, you'll love it.
Scott says i-Mac, no question. :)
Alright, you sold me on it. We'll get a Mac.
I'm a little late, but for sure Mac!
I'm having the same debate myself. The two disadvantages to the Mac are the learning curve and a little more money. Plus, not all applications will transfer from your PC. Avantages, photo stuff and DVDS!
If you havn't bought your Mac yet, Mark can hook you up with a deal on an IBM PC.
Post a Comment